Wednesday 26 January 2011

Voy Por Ustedes in shock move to Henderson yard

Sir Robert Ogden: fresh approach

  PICTURE: Edward Whitaker  "If that level of form is not forthcoming, the horse will be retired and will return to Sir Robert's farm in Yorkshire."


King's stable jockey Robert Thornton used his column in the Racing Post on Monday to pay tribute to the horse he credited with raising his own profile.

Thornton said: "Voy Por Ustedes is one of the best horses I've ridden. I've been aboard him for 29 races, winning 11 and being placed in another 11. His career earnings to date are just £6,000 short of £1 million."

Thornton added: "He raised my profile enormously, and I put him in the same bracket as My Way De Solzen and Katchit when it comes to the top horses I'm lucky to have been associated with."

View Voy Por Ustedes's glittering career in pictures with our photo gallery

FacebookDeliciousDiggStumbleUpon Tags:  Voy Por Ustedes   

No comments:

Post a Comment